Thursday, February 5, 2009

Frankenstein

So we went to the doctor today to have Sammy's bandages removed. Her surgeons in Boston told me to just do it, but I was too chicken, so our PCP was gracious enough to help us out! I'm glad she did because I really wasn't prepared for how big her incision was! In addition, the stitches are huge and look like staples, it really looks like a Frankenstein scar. I assume because it will be under her hair line they didn't take a lot of time to make sure it looked pretty, but wow what a shocker! Sammy screamed when they took the bandages off, but I don't really think it was painful, I think she is just so shell shocked by medical professionals that any time they touch her she cries...poor girl.

On a more positive note, Zach and I are both adjusting to being home and are much more comfortable assessing Sammy. She is still doing well although she is going a bit stir crazy being in the house all day. She has her first physical therapy appointment tomorrow, so that will be good to get her out of the house. Maybe next week we can resume some of our normal schedule, I have just been so reluctant to take her in the car because she got car sick before and it is nerve racking when she throws up, but she did well on the ride to the doctors so I'm hopeful that she is over that!

We keep moving forward, we expect to hear from the oncologists by tomorrow about the pathology of her tumor and a treatment plan. I will keep you all updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment